New Beginnings Level 1 Limited OB/GYN Course
Individual live training to perform limited OB/GYN ultrasound scans.
- Indications for ultrasound exams
- Basic ultrasound physics
- Ultrasound machine optimization
- Hands on scanning on your system
- Patient education regarding ultrasound purpose and limitations
- Transabdominal and transvaginal scanning skills
- Limited measurements
- Image documentation and results to provider
- Normal and abnormal anatomy of the limited scope of practice area
- Case study reviews
- Written and competency scanning tests
- Follow –up self- study reports
- Annual skills assessments
We train you at your workplace in order to learn on the ultrasound machine you will be using. The standard is to complete a minimum of 50-55 scans per nurse (limited OB first Trimester Transabdominal and Transvaginal counts as two scans) on models or patients under the supervision of an RDMS trainer. It will take a minimum of 5 days or 40 hours of class and scanning times to complete the course for 1- 2 nurses. This course can facilitate 1- 4 nurses with a maximum of 8 days.
Completes Objectives for up to a total of 37.5 Nursing Contact Hours for this course.
How We Deliver the Training
Center Needs Assessment Form:
Completed Form is submitted; see our “Contact Us” page.
A quote & Contract are done.
After Confirmation with Contract:
Your center will recieve a suggested model schedule, daily agenda and example consent form.