New Beginnings Course
– Limited OB/GYN Course
This course is a one-on-one, hands-on, live training to perform limited OB/GYN ultrasound scans at your site. The New Beginnings Course consists of access to an Online Applied Didactic & Skills section two weeks before the in-center training, your one-week in-center training, access to the online section for 2 more weeks, and a year subscription to our monthly Nurse Sonographer Enhancement Series.
- Indications for ultrasound exams
- Basic ultrasound physics
- Ultrasound machine optimization
- Hands-on scanning on your system
- Patient education regarding ultrasound purpose and limitations
- Transabdominal and transvaginal scanning skills
- Limited measurements
- Image documentation and results to the provider
- Normal and abnormal anatomy of the limited scope of practice area
- Case study reviews
- Written and competency scanning tests
- Nurse Sonographer Enhancement Series NC membership
- Annual skills assessments
We train you at your workplace so you learn on the ultrasound machine you will be using. The standard is to complete a minimum of 50 scans per nurse (limited OB first Trimester Transabdominal and Transvaginal counts as two scans) on models or patients under the supervision of an RDMS trainer. It will take a minimum of 5 days or 40 hours of class and scanning time to complete the course for 1- 2 nurses. This course can facilitate 1- 4 nurses for a maximum of 8 days.
40 Nursing Contact Hours are available for this course.
Steps to obtain a Training:
1) Complete the Center Needs Assessment Form
Found on the “Contact Us” page.
2) Information will be sent to you
Welcome letter, Course outline, Fact sheet